Saturday, April 9, 2016

Goodbye Mr. Brooks


Recently the same group of us (some new ones also) were let back into the old Brooks building downtown. Not only were we allowed in there but basically the whole block of Market street buildings. Just about the whole block is being razed to make way for new apartments. I know a lot of people that will miss these old structures being gone but these buildings have just sat empty for too long to do anything with them and it's time to move on. Surprisingly it has changed even more in the last four years. It's funny what you can miss the first time around. Some of you may be sad to see the decay and damage but for me I have always liked it. It's what I like to photograph. It tells a story of life and I am taking pictures of that particular building life's end. I feel lucky to have got to witness these places around here before they are gone and I know a lot of readers that feel lucky that they have seen these places in the prime of their life...



















No comments:

Post a Comment